Add "mapudungun" language in weblate

(Hmollercl) #1

Hi, I would like to add “mapudungun” or “mapuche” language to weblate. Is this possible?

Mapudungun is the language of Mapuche people, native population of southern south-america (Chile and Argentina). We are trying to make a project to give poor mapuche population IT education and we believe that linux is the way. LXQt is simple and not resource hungry so it fits perfectly in. Thanks!!

(Alf Gaida) #2

just do it - if you don’t have sufficient rights just ping me - but i guess you will run into a little henn-and-egg-problem. The only people who know the language well and could translate it is the targeted group, so please expect it to take some time :smiley:

(Pedram Pourang) #3

I also think there should be no difference between “mapudungun” and any other language and that it could be added to translations. The only problem that may happen is that Qt may not support it, which means that the texts of some Qt dialogs may be in English. But important texts will be in “mapudungun”.

(Alf Gaida) #4

ok - basic problem: weblate should support it :smiley:

so no problem :smiley:

(Hmollercl) #5

thanks, I could, I thought it was per project but it is per component. There is a group of people that told me they can do it, I’m counting with them.

(Alf Gaida) #6

have fun, there is nothing that can go south - only a remark, the testing is a bit complicated, i suggest Arch AUR after possible merges or my infamous dev-snapshots for debian related things

(Alf Gaida) #7

and before i forget - @hmollercl - it would be nice if you ping me on oftc #lxqt