Adjust order of custom actions + wrong order when opening files in other app

(Günther Tauber) #1

Hi,

i have 2 questions for the use of pcmanfm-qt. first: how can i ordner my custom actions individually? is there something like InitialPreference that is used in KDE?

the second: when i highlight some files and open them in an other applications like gimp, the order in gimp (and any other program is wrong). lets say i have the image files 1.jpg, 2.jpg 3.jpg. the order in gimp is always 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 1.jpg. this also happens when i open files in a music player. this isn’t a problem with the applications because it works with dolphin. i know this behaviour from the windows explorer in windows 7.

Günther

(Pedram Pourang) #2

The order of custom actions is determined by the file ~/.local/share/file-manager/actions/level-zero.directory like:

[Desktop Entry]
ItemsList = action1;action2;action3

If that file is missing, the order will be alphabetical.

As for your second question, I think the order of opening depends on file sizes and how an app opens multiple files (it may read them in separate threads, for example) but I’ll investigate it.

(Günther Tauber) #3

As for your second question, I think the order of opening depends on file sizes and how an app opens multiple files (it may read them in separate threads, for example) but I’ll investigate it.

I don’t think so because the order is always the same (2.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg). the first file is sorted at the end. when there are 5 files the order is file2, file3, file4, file5, file1. it doesn’t matter what application i use. always the same if the application can open more then one file. i don’t habe this behaviour with dolphin. sometimes i also use thunar and caja, but i’ve never tested it with that FM.

(Pedram Pourang) #4

Here, with 3 light PNG images, the order is 3-2-1. That may be because of file sizes, libfm-qt version or something else. As I said, I’ll look into it as soon as I find some time and will tell you.

(Günther Tauber) #5

tested it again and lokked at the file size before and it seems you’re right. :sweat:

(Pedram Pourang) #6

Arguments should be given to the app in the correct order. I remember that once I “felt” it might not be the case but I didn’t investigate it. That’s why I should find time to read this part of the code again – your comment was a reminder.