Ark archiving the whole directory tree structure

(Gabriel A López López) #1

Hi everyone! I’m using Ark as archiver (till now I didn’t knew about lxqt-archiver, is not by default installed in my Lubuntu).

When archiving with Ark from pcmanfm-qt, the resulting archive holds the whole directory tree structure to the directoy I actually archived. So, If I archive the directory /home/glpz/Work/foo/bar, when extracting in Downloads (for example), I obtain /home/glpz/Donwloads/Work/foo/bar instead of /home/glpz/Downloads/bar.

If I archive with Ark from Krusader, this is not happening. I know that Ark is not LxQt project, but as is comes with Lubuntu 19.04 I think I can find help here.

(Pedram Pourang) #2

Maybe wrong commands in libfm-qt. I’ll look into it if I find the time.

But the latest git version of lxqt-archiver is quite mature and far better than Ark. If you could compile from source or find an installable package of it for your distro, it’ll be surely a better choice.

(Gabriel A López López) #3

Compiled, tested and Ok except for one tiny detail: instead of creating the archive in the current directory, the dialog appears poiting to my home. If this is considered a problem, I think I can fix it, but I’m not sure about the process to contribute…

(Pedram Pourang) #4

I’d fixed directory problems but this one may have skipped my attention. Will investigate it. Thanks!

(Pedram Pourang) #5

Oh, as for contributing to any LXQt project, you could make PRs. I’ll fix the above-mentioned problem but bug reports, feature requests and, especially, PRs are very welcome.

(Gabriel A López López) #6

Also notices that you need to write the extension for the archive. Just selecting it in the filetype combo doesn’t works.

(Pedram Pourang) #7

Could you please be more specific? I suppose you have the latest git versions of libfm-qt and lxqt-archiver (not just their latest releases) and have compiled the latter after the former.