Desktop switcher in the 'panel'

Greetings

Have been very much appreciating the use of this software to date.

I am finding that my using 20 desktops in the desktop switcher and having the ‘name’ as the ‘desktop label’ that it would be very useful to control the width of the various desktop ‘tabs’ (not sure if that’s what they’re called but they sure look like tabs!!).

It would seem that the width is based on the largest tab width (‘name’ in my case).

Is this the case?

Is there some way to change this width?

If so where would I find that? (My search engine is NOT my friend looking for this info!)

TIA

ping topic

(palinek) #3

Yes.

No. You can use shorter (equally long) names or numbers… Or dive into the plugin’s code and implement it :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response - - - really like lxqt so I want to be able to use it too its maximum - - - grin.

I’m also finding that the names that I assign aren’t carried along when there is a system reboot.

Is there a way to change that behavior?

I did go looking to see if I could find this part of the source code and couldn’t find it.

Please - - - what is this part of the source code called?

(Can you guess I’m a total noob at this?)

TIA

(Pedram Pourang) #5

Maybe, the window manager you use (Openbox, for example) overrides the names after loggin out/in or reboot. Try to change names in WM instead.

(palinek) #6

I think you are correct - - - to bad that the WM and the Panel couldn’t communicate - - - hmmmmmmmm.

Is there a place to indicate items for a ‘wish list’ ?

Thank you - - - I was able to find this big block list of items before.

I just don’t know where in that list to look. Please - - - which item would this fall under?

TIA

(Pedram Pourang) #9

Panel deals with WM in a generic, WM-independent way.

INteresting - - - but that independence makes for less usefulness.

I tried labelling the desktops in openbox but they’re not showing in the panel - - - argh.

I’d bet there’s no easy way to link the two methods either - - yes?