Font disparity between Qt applications

(Phil Underhill) #1

Hello all. I’m sure this topic has been raised a million times but I can’t seem to find a solution. Using LXQT on Void Linux, and for some reason Notepadqq doesn’t seem to follow the font styling I set.

Pretty much every other Qt app uses the ‘Regular’ IBM Plex Sans font I set, but Notepadqq seems to bold it and possible change the size. Anyone have any suggestions to make it look right?

Thanks!!

screen|525x368

https://imgur.com/a/fByLUUU <-- In case the screenshot doesn’t embed properly.

(Pedram Pourang) #2

The screenshot that was visible showed other apps, whose fonts were correct.

I’ve never used Notepadqq but if the font of its view is bold, check its font settings. Most text editors have settings for the font that’s used while typing – it isn’t related to the global font settings.

(Pedram Pourang) #3

Oh, your screenshot does show a problem in the app on the right. Well, that’s its problem. I think you could report it to its developer(s) if everything else is OK.

(Phil Underhill) #4

Thanks for the reply. I kinda figured it was application related but no harm in asking. Thanks!

(Pedram Pourang) #5

Fonts and other properties can be overridden in apps’ codes. That isn’t a good practice unless in special places like the view of an editor (but not in its menu-bar, for example) or where a warning is needed, etc.

If several apps showed the same behavior, that would mean a bug outside them.