Latte dock and lxqt

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #1

latte dock on lxqt dont work as it works on plasma. when i asked on forums to the dev of latte they said lxqt devs and latte dock devs need to work together to solve issues with latte dock on lxqt.

(stefano) #2

Check out all the options available in lxqt-panel: autohide, icons only, transparency, width and position and so on: you can transform it in a nice dock. Afaik latte dock is built on plasma-framework which are not used at all in LXQt and I don’t think this will change.

(Pedram Pourang) #3

I completely agree with @stefonarch on using an instance of LXQt panel like an auto-hiding dock:

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #4

i know we can almost use lxqt-panel as dock and the biggest problem why its not a dock is because of quick launch and taskbar are seperate. and we have discussed about it.

(Alf Gaida) #5

anyways - plank work just fine for LXQt - so there are a lot of choices in the wild

(Pedram Pourang) #6

Which most users consider good.

(Pedram Pourang) #7

I used Plank 3-4 (?) years ago. It had a minor bug that I reported but it wasn’t fixed (for a long time – I don’t know how it is now). Then, I thought about animation and @palinek and I implemented it. Since then, I only use LXQt panel as an auto-hiding dock and I’m very satisfied with it :slight_smile:

(Pedram Pourang) #8

BTW, 2 days ago, I was logged in KDE and had to install Latte dock to check something with it. Unfortunately, it had bad bugs, which I didn’t report because I didn’t use it. Understandably, we don’t want to introduce bugs into LXQt.

If Latte dock works well under LXQt at some point – as Plank does – it’ll be good. If not, we couldn’t do anything about it.