Logging in to the forum

(Rex Bouwense) #1

Perhaps I have discovered an oddity when logging in to the forum. I am not sure why it occurs. If I go directly to the forum URL and try to log in, I get an “unknown error” message and am not allowed to log in. If I go first to LXQt.org and then use the horizontal menu there to go to the forum (which is the same URL) I am allowed to log in. I am sure that the LXQt Team has many more important things to fix. I was just wondering if there was a reason why this would occur because in both instances I try to log in from the same location. It is just how I got there that is different. It isn’t logical.

(Alf Gaida) #2

Sorry, couldn’t repoduce

(Rex Bouwense) #3

I thought that I better get back with the solution. Apparently Privacy Badger thought that https://forum.lxqt.org was a potential tracker so it blocked the domain. I just manually had to allow the domain so I wouldn’t get the “unknown error” message.

(Alf Gaida) #4

Nice one :slight_smile:

(Mark Rabideau) #5

I see the same problem on every Discourse based site… and this site looks like it is Discourse based. :slight_smile:

(Alf Gaida) #6

it is - the only way to have a nice forum and kind of a mailing list - and one can write in an understandable text format. (/me prefer markdown over html or bbcode)