LXqt and Bluetooth

(Alf Gaida) #41

Meh - in case of the BCM2045 - this chipset should work - whatever it need, i would suggest google for the rescue

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #42

the reason to use qt5ct was i had wanted to only use kvantum. with qtstyleoverride but i noticed no icon theme/cursor/font was set. and did not use lxqt because it pulls other things which is not needed. and to use lxqt-qtplugin we need lxqt-config also so more than half lxqt installed in terms of deps. and the redundant app here is lxqt-config. as except bightness and appearance. nothing works on wayland. from it.

(Pedram Pourang) #43

This isn’t the first time I see bad bugs in qt5ct. It’s a shame that your nice ISO is affected by serious bugs of a small program.

I don’t need to say anything about nice features that LXQt and KDE Qt plugins have but qt5ct lacks…

(Alf Gaida) #44

The fine thing in debian is: KDE blocks q5ct on a very low level - and it also works fine for LXQt - i was really proud of the guys :smiley:

(Pedram Pourang) #45

Today, I found the root of Qt5ct’s bug in handling tool buttons and included a workaround in Kvantum (and released Kvatum 0.13.0). But a glance at Fusion with Qt5ct shows how terribly Qt5ct handles toolbar buttons…

How? You mean, under KDE, if you enter export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME="qt5ct" in QTerminal and then run a Qt app in it, the app won’t be handled by qt5ct? If so, that’s a wise decision, IMO, because KDE’s Qt plugin is very good. Ours is excellent :slight_smile:

(Pedram Pourang) #46

Actualy, if that’s possible, I think we should block qt5ct too. I vaguely remember an invalid bug report, whose cause was that the user had used qt5ct under LXQt.

(Alf Gaida) #47

the KDE/Qt guys in debian asked me years ago if i would be fine with:

agaida@ramme /etc % cat X11/Xsession.d/99qt5ct                                                                                                                                    :(
# Enable qt5ct by default unless another PLATFORMTHEME option is set
# or KDE is running.
if [ -z "$QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME" ] && [ "$XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP" != "KDE" ]
then
        export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct
fi

i was - we set our platformtheme before