Lxqt-archiver-git

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #1

so i have installed lxqt-archiver-git from aur

but when i try to extract rar files it gives me archive type not supported

so can anyone give me the list of optional deps needed to have all archive type support when using lxqt-archiver-git

(Stefano) #2

unrar, unzip, p7zip-full p7zip-rar (ubuntu) maybe some more, just google them if not found…

(Alf Gaida) #3

meh - @librewish - a new nick would be a good thing - what about @knowledgewish or just gather some of the first. Meanwhile_

Package: engrampa
Version: 1.22.2-1
Priority: optional
Section: x11
Maintainer: Debian+Ubuntu MATE Packaging Team <debian-mate@lists.debian.org>
Installed-Size: 1.036 kB
Depends: bzip2 (>= 1.0.1), engrampa-common (= 1.22.2-1), gzip (>= 1.3.2), p7zip-full, 
tar (>= 1.13.25), libc6 (>= 2.14), libcairo2 (>= 1.2.4), libcaja-extension1 (>= 1.18), 
libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 (>= 2.22.0), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.37.3), libgtk-3-0 (>= 3.21.5), 
libjson-glib-1.0-0 (>= 0.12.0), libmagic1 (>= 5.12), libpango-1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0)
Recommends: gvfs, unzip, xz-utils, zip
Suggests: arj, binutils, cpio, lha, lzip, lzma, lzop, ncompress, rar, rpm2cpio, rzip, 
sharutils, unace, unalz, unar | unrar | p7zip-rar, zoo

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #4

the reason is i don’t want unnecessary packages which lxqt-archiver-git wont support so i ask

(Pedram Pourang) #5

lxqt-archiver has the same engine as engrampa does, which was forked from file-roller.

(Alf Gaida) #6

@librewish - and as a matter of fact - thats why the most of the possible packages are marked by the MATE package team only as Suggests: - in more clear words - they will not be installed by default - with a big fat BUT: When someone need the functionality it might be wise to install some of them, clever, isn’t it?

So, also as a matter of fact - Linux is what you make out of it - it’s also and especially true for Deskop Environments and their tools. The only downside is: Nothing is for free, not even FOSS - users are encouraged to read at least the package description an give feedback if something that they want don’t work (ok, feedback if all the things™ just work is also very appreciated) - but that need active participation, active building of the own system and of course reading the available documentation. It’s a two way street - we mostly know what our software can do if used right, but we open to interesting things, new usecases and so on.

And you can ask @tsujan about. I can be a major pain in the arse if something that should be possible is not implemented - that comes with a little downside: If suggesting something, one should do the homework first :smile:

(Pedram Pourang) #7

Every archive that works with engrampa/file-roller should work with lxqt-archiver too. Of course, there are problems in the GUI but the git version is ready for use (a release will come soon) and – in addition to the issues we already know of – we’ll fix any bug that might be reported. Moreover, I have plans to enhance the GUI. All in all, it’s like other LXQt components.

(Alf Gaida) #8

My intention was to point out that i could be pain in the arse when i have objections - same should be true for anyone who has done his homework and object.

NOTE: We implement things in a hopefully clean and open way, so some functionality has to be added by distribution maintainers. (aka what are dependencies, what is a recommendation, which things we only suggests - sometimes hard to decide)