LXQT-kwin11 (MXLinux based) - proof of concept

(Alf Gaida) #21

and now to my problems (the red ones, to make things a bit friendlier set a hook into good)
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/qtbase-abi-5-11-2.html
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/qtdeclarative-abi-5-11-2.html

(Pedram Pourang) #22

Accepted :slight_smile: We should wait.

I think libfm-qt and pcmanfm-qt are in a good state; want to see if users could prove that’s an illusion :wink:

I just haven’t had a chance yet to testing libfm-qt and pcmanfm-qt yet but it’s on my todo list. In fact, I’m looking for a good ToDo list manager for myself as I type besides TaskCoach that I usually use.

(Pedram Pourang) #24

It’ll be great if you could use the latest git versions of them as your main file manager. We’ve fixed serious bugs since the latest release but we may have missed some.

(Mark Rabideau) #25

Gentlemen. I am very happy to have spurred such a lively interaction. As an old dog who has been doing software since 1974, I can say that interest/engagement is critical to making a product successful.

I have started a brand new manjaro based LXQT build (using net install). I will continue to share what I discover. I am very happy if anything I do helps engage those interested, or potentially interested, in LXQT.

Keep up the good work.

(Pedram Pourang) #26

You too! I’m a Manjaro user.

(Alf Gaida) #27

@lhorace - just try out if feathernotes fit your needs

Yeah, I will give it a shot. I’m trying out Taskunifier, which seems pretty nice and it can sync with Toodledo.

(Alf Gaida) #29

never used todo managers that much - most things in the last years i have done with zim-wiki :smiley:

I’m a big procrastinator with attention deficit problem. Without a ToDo manager to remind me and Hamster to track my time to make sure I get things done. I will never finish anything at all. :smiley:

(Pedram Pourang) #31

FeatherNotes is a rich-text hierarchical notes manager. It doesn’t have alarms or notifiers and I have no plan to add such things to it. However, I save my coding to-do lists in it, among other things.

Example:

(Mark Rabideau) #32

@lhorace If you use hamster try “gnome-todo”. It’s ultra-simple.