LXQT "tooltips/hints" on desktop panel are really really annoying

(Stuart Struthers) #1

Hi There, I’ve been googling for days looking or a solution to this. Being a fork of ubuntu there are various Lubuntu/Ubuntu threads on how to diable “tool tips”. I would like it when I hover over the panel or even a menu application on the task menu not to be greated with a tool tip that pops out and distracts my day. Does anyone know of a solution to disable at least as a priority the panel tooltips. I do not really need to see a “desktop 2” or firefox blah when I mouse over anything on the the desktop panel. I’ve lived this long without the need in an OS telling me this and it would be nice to find a solution to this in LXQT, before I ditch it, Many thanks.

(Pedram Pourang) #2

There’s no global option for disabling Qt tooltips. At most, the widget style can have an option to delay their appearance (Kvantum can delay it for 10 sec., which practically means no tooltip) but apps could easily bypass it in their codes, especially when they’re styled by stylesheets.

(Pedram Pourang) #3

BTW, if a user says something is “really really annoying”, it won’t make a magic or hypnotize the developers because he/she is one user among many.

(Stuart Struthers) #4

Hey tsujan, thanks I might look at installing Kvantum then. Is that a widget/plugin or a theme? is there much documentation on installting that.

(Pedram Pourang) #5

It’s a style plugin + 32 themes. All info is included in the source but, most probably, you won’t need the source; Ubuntu has https://code.launchpad.net/~krisives/+recipe/kvantum-daily

(Pedram Pourang) #6

And running apps need to be restarted to reflect changes in Kvanrum’s settings. For Panel and pcmanfm-qt, a logout and login does the job.