Main menu over all desktop

(Milan 007) #1

Hi, I have desktop 1280x1024. After updating lxqt (from Opensuse entuziast repo ) to 0.13 I see all-desktop menu after hover over “Preferences” ( where are yast and lxqt items ), and this menu hide all desktop and also avoids select other menu items.

The problem is that the menu items got help text and that has expanded the menu …

Is there here some config option to disable help texts in menu ? I do not found anything.

(Pedram Pourang) #2

LXQt 0.13 was outdated a long time ago. I think you’re the only one on the planet that still has it.

(Alf Gaida) #3

tumbleweed has 0.14.1 - @tsujan - i run still 0,11,1 on my rockstor nas :smiley: (Cent based)

(Pedram Pourang) #4

I have a prehistoric Debian on my test laptop (its screen is broken – I use it with an external monitor) with a prehistoric LXQt :wink:

Yes, Tumbleweed’s LXQt support should be fine.

(Milan 007) #5

Hello. Unfortunately, I’m locked to OpenSuse Leap 15.0. This distro includes version 0.12 which is pretty good, but some bugs have made me think of trying an unofficial repo with version 0.13. 0.13 seems better to me, but the described issue is annoying for our regular users. Even though I am a “programmer” (php), I am not able to translate the lxqt version myself. So we’ll probably stay with version 0.12. Thanks for the anwers.

(Pedram Pourang) #6

0.13 was in a state of transition, as far as I remember. I also vaguely remember that the main menu had an option for not showing the extra descriptions but I’m not sure whether it was present in 0.13.

In LXQt ≥ 0.14, the descriptions are on tooltips, not inside the menu.

(Alf Gaida) #7

when was 0.13 - can have a look into our iso archive :wink:

(Pedram Pourang) #8

For me, ages ago. The world has changed a lot since then.

(Alf Gaida) #9

and i’m sorry - 0.13 came with hints in tooltips - remembered that the just released debian buster has 0.13 :smiley:

(Pedram Pourang) #10

Yes, the default should have always been so. Maybe, OpenSUSE changed it. 0.13 was based on menu-cached? If so, to avoid it, OpenSUSE may have applied some patches. Just wild guesses…

(Alf Gaida) #11

0.12 - but in Virtualbox with 640x480 - can’t reproduce :smiley: Maybe an openbox feature?