Next LXQT release? How do the releases work?

release

(Pedram Pourang) #21

Yes! Please report them at github!

(Mark Rabideau) #22

@tsujan I assume I will need a GitHub account… and that this is the place to enter bugs:

(Pedram Pourang) #23

Yes. All sources are on github and bug reports/feature requests go there.

(jubalh) #24

This is nonsense. Please don’t spread such uninformed opinions.

For two reasons:

1. First you need to install yaourt or another helper. So it’s not like you can start with a basic Arch.
  2. If yaourt is installed it’s the same difficulty level like with openSUSE since you can just call your package manager/helper to get the updates for you.

But it has one drawback compared to the openSUSE process: you build yourself on your machine. With the openSUSE way you can also have this on very old PCs since the packages are built already by OBS. So you save time and resources. Clearly a point.

Another advantage is that once a commit is made which makes another component of LXQt unbuildable the maintainer of X11:LXQt:git is notified to fix it. With the arch way you would only see it once you run the update yourself. So the first approach is faster and gets even faster with more maintainers.

(Mark Rabideau) #25

@tsujan and @agaida I just built my VM (VirtualBox) and using Git. Once I had my new lxqt directory, I followed Alf’s instructions:

About this repository

This is a superproject which contains all LXQt components. After checking out this repo please do the >following to initialize git submodules.

git submodule init git submodule update --remote --rebase

Now that I’ve done that, I assume I’m running the most recent code base… in addition, of course, to being a Git expert. :rofl:

(Pedram Pourang) #26

That makes complete sense. Please don’t say nonsense or start an Arch-vs-OpenSUSE war here!

Now that I’ve done that…

Very good :slight_smile:

(Mark Rabideau) #27

Okay so my first 4 Bugs and 1 feature request are on file. I’m registered as eirenicon. :wink: