Not able to reboot Lubuntu on 64 bit Raspberry successfully

(Jörg) #1

Don’t know if this is more a discussion than a support question (since it’s about Lubuntu, not generally on LXQt), but still …

I installed Lubuntu on fresh Ubuntu 64 bit server installations on a Raspberry Pi 4B with 4 GB of RAM a number of times over a couple months now. Both Ubuntu server and Lubuntu install (and update and can be changed into German) just fine, but as soon as I reboot, the system hangs. Each and every time. On various Pi 4 systems.

Any ideas?

(jwh) #2

Definitely a lubuntu team question. :slight_smile: Does Raspbian shutdown ok?

If using systemd, enable the boot and shutdown detail and look to see what is failing and/or hanging during shutdown. Also, I presume your pi4 is not overclocked at all?

(Alf Gaida) #3

yeah, a fine question without an jokes - provide the LXQt core team with the same hardware nad we can say more …

Anywyas: R ight now we can say nothing …

(Jörg) #4

It shuts down fine and isn’t overclocked or anything. Just a Raspi in a case with a fresh Ubuntu (server + upgrade + lubuntu-desktop) installation.

(Pedram Pourang) #5

Based on the info you provided, no one could say anything even if it was about a hang in a small program, let alone in the whole system.

You need to read your systemd journal – or, at least, take a look at boot messages – to know what causes the hang.

(jwh) #6

When you said “but as soon as I reboot, the system hangs”, I took that to mean it was hanging during the shutdown, not the boot. But regardless you can monitor the boot and shutdown messages for issues, as also noted by tsujan. Or better, connect a tty to monitor.

(Alf Gaida) #7

anyways - we can’t care with the informations provided. If one is serious about one should provide us or the Lubuntu team with the hardware that is needed - ok one might find it expensive, but we ca’t work in a vakuum