PCManFM-Qt ignores settings.conf

Hello. I’m trying to change the locations that are in the “Places” menu in PCManFM-Qt (Home, Desktop, Trash, Computer, Applications and Network, by default) but after editing the settings.conf file to do so, nothing happens. I stopped the process and restarted it again but it still won’t change.

Also, is there a way to change these locations to specific folders? in the .conf, I can only change the default ones to either true or false.

(Gabriel A López López) #2

I think you can do this in the session settings. Directories section

(Stefano) #3

Default directories (desktop, downloads, pics ecc) are chosen in “session settings” as said, but Trash, Computer, Network and Applications are quit different things, applications refers to /usr/share/applications, and so on.

(Pedram Pourang) #4

Trash, Computer,… are hard-coded. You could hide them by right-clicking them but you couldn’t change them.

You might want to add bookmarks. See the Bookmarks menu. (In the latest git pcmanfm-qt, you could also drag and drop any folder on the empty space below the left pane and create a bookmark but that isn’t possible with older versions.)

That’s a shame. I guess I’ll just use bookmarks them. Thank you.

(Pedram Pourang) #6

It’s not.