PCManFM-Qt: Reconnecting network drive fails after previous attempt

Hello together,

connecting to a network drive in PCManFM-Qt works completely fine!

However, I receive a possible bug when unmounting the network drive and try to reconnect it again.

Example:

Let’s say I type in “sftp://user@192.168.122.1” into the address bar and connect the network drive successfully. Then I unmount the drive and try to reconnect it again with the identical path: The connection won’t be created. The window will stay completely empty and the log-in-window won’t appear, so it seems that no connecting approach was done.

But: If I slightly change the connection path and just type in “sftp://192.168.122.1” without username, log-in window will appear again and I can insert the username by myself and will be connected successfully.

My assumption:

It seems that PCManFM-Qt remembers all previous inserted connection paths and doesn’t “want” to reconnect them again. If I reboot the system, his “remembered paths” are gone and everything works fine on the first attempt (sure, until I unmount the network drive and try to reconnect it again)…

This issue appears if I made the connection successfull or not, it doesn’t matter. Even if I cancel the connecting attempt during log-in insertion, PCManFM-Qt won’t reconnect to this path again and the upper issue appears.

Do you have any ideas on how to solve that?

Thanks a lot for your help! :smiley:

Zumbali

PCManFM-Qt: Mounting WebDAV-Drive over VPN does only work after rebooting the Machine?
(Pedram Pourang) #2

Please use the latest git libfm-qt and pcmanfm-qt. PCMan (their original author) has made several fixes in this regard.

Thanks a lot for your help! Are those renewed packages libfm-qt and pcmanfm-qt already available in the official Debian repositories (as backports maybe)?

(Pedram Pourang) #4

They should have been made by @agaida but I’m not a Debian user. @agaida?

@agaida’s packages are for sid experimental. If you install them and the problem still persists, please open an issue on the pcmanfm-qt bug tracker: https://github.com/lxqt/pcmanfm-qt/issues

(Alf Gaida) #5

ok - sometimes i really hate my maintainer job - anyways - the question if there are backports suggests that Zumbali runs debian stable - so: no, there are no backports and we will don’t fix a thing - we would if the bug is security related, but the bug isn’t.

There are two choices: live with it or use testing/sid, maybe after testing in a VM that the newer versions solve that problem. Switching to 0.13.0 would be a good idea except of 0.13.0 libfm-qt and pcmanfm-qt which are in experimental for a reason.

Edit: @Zumbali - please ping me in IRC oftc #debian-lxqt - maybe we find a solution without changing a line of code.