QT task scheduler?

(James) #1

Is anyone aware of any QT task schedulers?

There’s qps which uses Qt library

(Alf Gaida) #3

qps is a process, not a task manager - so no, i suggest to use just featherpad to manage tasks :smiley: - should be easy. Ok, vi or nano would fit better, but featherpad uses Qt.

(Stefano) #4

Not sure what you mean with “task scheduler”. I’m using znotes, it’s old but I like it and it has the feature of to-do lists.

(Gabriel A López López) #5

task scheduler?

(Gabriel A López López) #6

perhaps he refers to something to manage cron tasks?

(James) #7

Sort of. I want to be able to schedule things to run after I boot the desktop. An exact time is not ideal.

(Alf Gaida) #8

hey - featherpad is a very capable editor to modify or create cron jobs or systemd-timers

(Gabriel A López López) #9

autostart section in session settings

(Pedram Pourang) #10

If you mean you need to handle the exact time but the situation isn’t ideal ( = my mind reading), remind is a powerful and reliable tool: “A sophisticated calendar and alarm program.” Once you master it, you won’t need another program of this kind.

(James) #11

Sorry for not being clear.

That is what I need. :slight_smile:

(Gabriel A López López) #12

The thing is that what you’re asking is not a task scheduler, its a manager for autostart programs/scripts. This can be also be configured in your ~/.Xsessionrc file which is what I use. Why? Because I don’t want to rely so much in the DE.

(James) #13

It doesn’t seem to run the script I wrote. All my script does is scp some files to back them up. It doesn’t error, it just doesn’t update the files. Here is the script: $ cat /hdd-storage/storage/scripts/router_backup.sh

#!/bin/bash

ROUTER='192.168.1.2'

TARGET=/hdd-storage/storage/backups/router/
mkdir $TARGET

ssh root@$ROUTER 'nvram save /mnt/LOGS/router.cfg'

# copy all the log files + router configuration
# bandwidth_monitoring*.gz, ip_traffic_monitoring*.gz. messages
# 
scp -p root@$ROUTER:/mnt/LOGS/* $TARGET

(Stefano) #14

Launching it after (manually by double click) works?

(Alf Gaida) #15

man ssh

-v      Verbose mode.  Causes ssh to print debugging messages

about its progress. This is helpful in debugging connection, authentication, and configuration problems. Mul‐

tiple -v options increase the verbosity.  The maximum

is 3.

man scp

-v      Verbose mode.  Causes scp and ssh(1) to print debugging

messages about their progress. This is helpful in debugging connection, authentication, and configuration

problems.

nuf said

cheers Alf

(James) #16

Nothing happens when I click on anything in the LXQt Session Settings.

When I click on the script from a file manager. It seems to from a Terminal

(Alf Gaida) #17

>> was invented before and &> too

(Stefano) #18

Just choose “execute” and look if the script itself is working. Sure that /hdd-storage/… is the right path?

(Alf Gaida) #19

ok - i’m a fan of Candy Dulfer - so please put a “echo foo > ~/lilly_was_here.txt” into the script - it the file is present after execute it in your home dir the script was running.

(Pedram Pourang) #20

LXQt definitely doesn’t have and has never had any problem with running scripts at startup – otherwise my scripts wouldn’t run :wink: