Qterminal no windows borders

Is it possible to start the terminal (qterminal) without window borders, without using alt + B? I am using Debian + LXQT Excuse me, I am Colombian, thank you very much

(Alf Gaida) #2

you think about a terminal window without WM decorations - if so, good idea, there should be a option for @tsujan, what do you think?

(Pedram Pourang) #3

This is a screenshot of my QTerminal:

no_border

As you see, there’s no border, except for a title bar.

Making a window borderless inside its code is possible but not a good idea, unless the program is special. The window manager should manage borders.

(Pedram Pourang) #4

By “special program”, I mean something like lxqt-leave. A terminal isn’t special in that sense.

However, that’s my opinion, not an LXQt decision. And it isn’t an important opinion to me either :wink:

(Alf Gaida) #5

@tsujan - maybe it is only about the used words - my point is the decoration aka;

i hope, i’m right - and yes i would like a configuration option to have the terminal without decorations - if we offer to abandon decorations, why not offer a default option for?

(Pedram Pourang) #6

You mean an option for remembering it?

Let me confess: I’ve removed that option for my personal use. If Qterminal doesn’t remember it, there is a bug.

I’ll look into it and, if that’s the case, will open an issue and make a PR.

(Pedram Pourang) #7

It turned out to be a good point.

Someone added this comment to the code: https://github.com/lxqt/qterminal/blob/dc125b8dbd99ee9ad4af90463034d309282bd780/src/mainwindow.cpp#L399

Whether it was an old Qt bug or was done incorrectly, I should still investigate but the problem is “known”.

(Pedram Pourang) #8

The fix: https://github.com/lxqt/qterminal/pull/664

It works here but please test.

(Alf Gaida) #9

Answered in the Pr - and run into a fault, wrong sorting of my emails

Friends @tsujan - @agaida could you help me with this:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:36 (find_package):

By not providing "FindQTermWidget5.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project

has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by

"QTermWidget5", but CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "QTermWidget5"

(requested version 0.14.1) with any of the following names:

QTermWidget5Config.cmake

qtermwidget5-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "QTermWidget5" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set

"QTermWidget5_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files. If

"QTermWidget5" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it

has been installed.

– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

See also "/home/cad/Descargas/ter/qterminal/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

(Pedram Pourang) #11

Latest git qtermwidget should be compiled and installed before qterminal.

(Pedram Pourang) #12

If you use Debian, do it in Debian’s way, by making deb packages. If you don’t know how, I recommend you wait for the fix to be merged and the new version to be built for Debian.

Thank you :+1:

@tsujan - @agaida Thanks!!! Looks Great!!!

(Alf Gaida) #15

glad to hear it works for you - maybe i should suggest you https://salsa.debian.org - especially the experimental snapshots - we are allways in search for good testers and enthusiasts :smiley:

Edit: No joke, i run latest git for six years now - the experimantal snapshots

I’ll be taking a look :point_up:

(Alf Gaida) #17

@pikebucaro - please please . if you need help, fricking call me. I know that i’m not the best and pleasent dev in the world -but i like LXQt, and I’m primus inter paris. Just get a “rock stable” sid or far better: get the experimental snapshots - if there are any faults, just write a bug report - and this report hasn’t to be nice, just direct. WE can handle it - every thing that makes LXQt better is hereby welcome, no matters if it hurts us :wink:

ok ok hahaha, I’m also a developer, but I’m still on the dark side, exactly how can I help?