Question/bug: How LXQT handles fullscreen?

(Kreyren) #1

DISCLAIMER: I didn’t find relevant article on the forum nor the web.

Info

I’m using lxqt-meta-0.13.0 (from gentoo repo) + Openbox and xrandr --scale 2x2 to emulate virtual super resolution.

lxqt-meta-0.14.0 not yet supported by gentoo (https://bugs.gentoo.org/676798) -> didn’t verify if the issue is present.

Problem

I’ve noticed that if League Of Legends through WINE is executed on lxqt-session as fullscreen it stratches it on whole screen, but forgetts mapping -> 1/4 of the screen is used for mouse cursor mapping 3/4 of the screen is not reachable and 4/4 is used by the fullscreen application.

This results in broken mapping for the mouse.

I didn’t notice this on i3+openbox so i suspect that this is LXQt.

Questions

Can you confirm that LXQt is responsible for this behavior?

Is this bug?

Is there any way to fix it from my side?

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #2

install whole xorg group its something in xorg thats missing and you should check if all dependancies of wine are installed especially the 32bit multilib dependencies.

(Kreyren) #3

All wine dependencies are installed including 32-bit libs.

app-emulation/wine-staging d3d9 mono opencl osmesa realtime run-exes samba sdl staging udev vkd3d vulkan abi_x86_32 abi_x86_64 -gecko

installed xorg packages:

x11-base/xorg-drivers-1.20
x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4
x11-base/xorg-server-1.20.3

https://packages.gentoo.org/categories/x11-base

am i missing something?

EDIT:

Simmilar issue preent in rocket league? Window uses 1/4 rest is filled with glitches?

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #4

dont know much about gentoo but in arch/manjaro i dont have such problem. ok it might be because you are missing it there is xorg-x11 meta package install it and see if problems persist

(Kreyren) #5

xorg-x11 meta didn’t help with the issue. Can you try to reproduce on a WINEapp that uses fullscreen with xrandr --output <output> --scale 2x2 prior to opening wineapp? Had simmilar issues in other WM/DE

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #6

nope i wont my screen is just 1366x768

(Kreyren) #7

Not relevant then, WINEapp without using xrandr with --scale works fine, the issue is present with it.

(Kreyren) #8

Same issue present on master (dunno how to check version and checksum).