Question why quick launch and task manager are seperate

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #1

i am just wondering why is this so it takes extra space on the panel and when i open something i see two icons and it kinda annoys me just want to know why quick launch and task manager are separate why cant we just pin the icon to task manager

(Pedram Pourang) #2

LXQt isn’t made to annoy anyone or prevent annoyance when someone chooses it.

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #3

okay i guess it has become habit when using kde to pin icon in task manager.

(Pedram Pourang) #4

My point: If you have a feature request, you could open an issue by filling in the template. LXQt devs who work on that area will consider it at some point. Telling about your feelings won’t help.

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #5

the reason i posted it here is because i thought devs considered it before as its in every de gnome kde deepin gnome varients like cinnamon budgie mate but they didn’t do it for some reason.

(Ringo32) #6

yeah xfce had once a win7 taskbar plugin, but seems they skip out it, personally it can be handy but a seporate is fine for me too :slight_smile:

(Pedram Pourang) #7

Sometimes, devs’ choices are based on how they do coding, not based on the needs of users. In such cases, a feature request might work as a reminder, at least.

In this special case, I don’t know the answer. It was so when I joined LXQt and I never questioned it because it was OK to me.

(Alf Gaida) #8

having it separated has some adventures and disadventures - when i use Win10 i could puke sometimes because of the combined starter and task thing: con: having started applications mixed with inactive icons make work not ness. easier pro: it save space

We could impprove our taskbar if we add a context-menu item to running tasks in the tasksbar: Add to quicklaunch #X

(Pedram Pourang) #9

That won’t solve the problem because the problem is about 2 icons of the same app.

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #10

but still it wont solve the duplication of icon.

when icons(window)are ungrouped they are duplicates.some like it some dont and lxqt has both options.so when icons(window)are grouped quick launch and task manager become one. when ungrouped they become seperate dont know if its possible.

(Alf Gaida) #11

false

(Pedram Pourang) #12

I think the problem will be solved if a dev does something instead of talking about it. Apparently, no dev is interested enough.

(Alf Gaida) #13

i don’t see any problems to be honest - most of the time i use grouped tasks - in rare cases i switch to ungrouped. but this has nothing to do with separated starters and tasks. and i need a bigger screen. if i had i would not be forced to use the group thing.

(Pedram Pourang) #14

I don’t see either any personal problem but that’s not the point. I think many users want it as they see it in Plasma and that’s quite a valid feature request because it saves space and makes the panel more tidy. The fact that it was requested a long time ago shows its validity too.

(Pedram Pourang) #15

It’s like auto-hide in notification area: a nice feature discussed a long time ago but not implemented (lack of time?).

(Ringo32) #16

is there any guide how they create plugins ? Mayby if someone picked this idea up always nice it gona be as option.

(Alf Gaida) #17

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #18

its not a problem as you said when you have big screen on desktop like 24 inch but on 15.6 inch laptop its not that good.

(Pedram Pourang) #19

Someone had said he’d do it but didn’t :wink:

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #20

its off topic about directory menu i have kid3-qt installed when i open home or any other directory it opens in kid3-qt instead of pcmanfm-qt any idea which file association i need to change it also happens with qmmp.when its installed.