The LXQt team is proud to announce the release of LXQt 0.13.0, the Lightweight Qt Desktop Environment.
- All packages are ready for Qt 5.11.
- Out-of-source-builds are now mandatory.
- libfm-qt is made more self-sufficient and less dependent on libfm, resulting in better performance and more flexibility.
- qps and screengrab have been moved to the LXQt umbrella.
- Improved overall translations.
- Made menu-cached optional (default=off) in panel and runner to prevent memory leaks and to avoid problems when restarting or shutting down LXQt.
- Improved LXQtCompilerSettings.
- Our (upstream) configuration defaults were moved to
/usr/share/lxqt, distribution’s overrides can be placed into
Notes For Packagers
- Please follow the build order.
- Please note that our repos are moved to GitHub/lxqt. Mentions and links should point at the new location.
- lxqt-build-tools >= 0.5.0 is mandatory and should be packaged directly after libqtxdg.
- All lxqt-* packages depend on liblxqt >= 0.9.0.
- libfm-qt soname bumped from libfm-qt3 to libfm-qt5.
- liblxqt now build-depend on libpolkit-qt5-1 directly.
- lxqt-admin now build-depend on libpolkit-qt5-1 directly.
- lximage-qt, lxqt-qtplugin pcmanfm-qt depend on libfm-qt >= 0.13.0.
- qterminal depends on qtermwidget >= 0.9.0.
Notable changes in packages
The full list of changes is available in our CHANGELOG files.
- Add checkbox for option xinerama-shadow-crop
- Add categories for Xfce and Gnome
- cmake: Use LXQtCompilerSettings
- Add RadioButtons for setting the rendering backend
- Important functionalities, like file operations, are ported to C++, which means more flexibility and less libfm dependency
- Smooth scrolling for icon and thumbnail views
- Added a group column to the detailed list view
- Merge side-pane with its surroundings
- Support hiding of items in Places side-pane.
- Use special/custom folder icons for bookmarks
- Italic font for hidden items
- Several bug fixes
- Improvements in GUI and functionalities
- Code cleanup
- An efficient backlight control is added.
- ConfigDialog: Adds the ability to select the shown page by name
- lxqtpower: Add support for turning monitor(s) off
- xdgiconloader: Add GTK cache revalidation (fixes finding and showing new icons, especially in main menu)
- xdgiconloader: Cache ScalableFollowsColorEntry properly
- Set genericName as tooltip (for main menu)
- Fix symbolic SVG icons with Qt >= 5.10
- LXQtCompilerSettings: Set CMAKE_C_VISIBILITY_PRESET to hidden
- Don’t allow Qt foreach/Q_FOREACH
- Require Qt 5.7.1
- Adds a FindXKBCommon CMake module
- Adds ECMFindModuleHelpers CMake module
- improved backlight functionality
- lxqt-config-brightness: Sets minimum backlight value to 0
- lxqt-config-input: Adds the ability to set the initial page
- Add gamma(brightness) reset as a cli option
- Triggering shortcuts with meta keys
- Register meta keys for shortcuts
- Daemon triggers on KeyRelease
- Avoid polluting the the x11 shortcut map.
- Fixes for main menu, especially its correct update when new apps are installed.
- No menu-cache by default (fixing problems caused by menu-cache + systemd)
- Fixes for task button text and icon
- Move and Resize windows in task-button context menu
- Fixes for worldclock
- Avoid infinite recursion when no icon available
- Fix wrongly positioned popups
- Plugin-volume: Use a specific icon for the panel
- Better integration between keyboard indicator plugin and keyboard configuration
- Add support for turning monitor(s) off
- lxqtplatformtheme: Initialize “folowColorScheme” once
- Fix icon colorizing at startup
- Remember the view mode
- AppLinkItem: Make genericName searchable
- Better support for *BSD world by changed usage of libudev
- Use more directories for searching defaults (add /usr/share & /etc into XDG_CONFIG_DIRS)
- Tab DND
- Basic bulk renaming
- Optional selection of newly created files
- Added symlink target info to statusbar
- Other GUI improvements
- Several bug fixes
- Code cleanup
- Using new libfm-qt capabilities instead of old libfm ones
- Fix tab texts, especially for vertical tabs
- Sort color schemes alphabetically
- Support modifying $TERM and use xterm-256color by default
- Misc bug fixes for the tabbar
- Close tab on middle clicking
- A real shortcut editor
- Allow to change tab title color
- Make tab closing button configurable
- Make active tab text bold to make it more visible
- New config: show terminal size on resize
- Fix bracket paste
- Fix terminal menubar transparency
- Add option for configuring tab width limit.
- Add maximum tab width and proper text eliding.
- Enable bidi by default
- Add RTL support button
- Visual improvements
- Refactor and fixes Python binding
- New color scheme: Ubuntu inspired
- Support UTF-32 characters correctly
- Fix “bold and intensive” colors
- New color scheme: Tango (#167)
- Finish SGR mouse protocol (1006)
- Expose bidi option
- Allow using libutempter (libulog) for FreeBSD
- Fix behavior of scroll up (SU)
- Moved to LXQt - changed links etc that way
- Never scale up beyond real size
- Several fixes related to the tray icon
- Make builds reproducible
- Added a minimum default configuration
- Handle invalid window screenshots
- Always use native (LXQt) file dialog
- Cleanup and other fixes
- Some UI polishing
We would like to thank all contributors who made this release possible!