Show your (LXQt) desktop.

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #41

blur isnt working with kvantum manager

(Pedram Pourang) #42

It works, of course.

I shouldn’t have mentioned Kvantum on an LXQt page; my fault.

(Ringo32) #43

bit withish but pretty standard left just autohide :slight_smile:

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #44

it works. what i needed to do was change the lxqt theme to system. and widget style to kvantum. the reason blur did not work because i did not had systemsetting installed and blur effect was not active.after enabling blur effect in kde system setting blur is applied. thank you for such an amazing tool.

(Pedram Pourang) #45

Happy to know you enabled blurring. The blur effect gives sense to translucency. KWin’s blur effect became very efficient and resource-friendly a few months ago.

You might see a small misplacement in LXQt main menu with some Kvantum themes. I’ll add a workaround for it to Kvantum soon.

(Shrinivas Kumbhar) #46

also the popup info when cursur is hovered over application which shows info about app in menu is black. while whole theme is white. there is no option that im aware of to change it.

(Pedram Pourang) #47

Light themes may have dark tooltips. I think you activated KvArc. it was made a long time ago because of users’ requests and is a fair clone of the old GTK+ theme “Arc”.

Other popups may be related to the panel.

(Pedram Pourang) #48

BTW, you might also want to check BreezeEnhanced as an LXQt-compatible fork of the Breeze title-bar that supports configurable translucency, blurring and font.

Trellium Aurorae + Kvantum + LXQt theme. Thought i’d share it here, and i also want to say thanks to the creators of Kvantum and lxqt-panel, they are fun to theme, more so than plasmashell.

(stefano) #50

Nice, but why so an old outdated version??

I’m using Debian :slight_smile: Have been for years, i prefer reliability over new features. Looking forward to newer versions of LXQt and Falkon though…

(Pedram Pourang) #52

The latest LXQt is more reliable than its older versions. That’s the case with most programs.

I don’t agree - - look at browsers for one category of software that used to work for long

periods of time (and work well) and now crashes far too regularly and updates almost

constantly. Some types of software seem to be increasing in reliability but I really find it

impossible to believe that even most programs are more reliable.

(If you want more examples of the increasing levels of garbage programming I do have

more.)

To get increasing reliability takes serious planning and care in development. This does not seem to be a ‘normal’ occurrence rather speed to release has become de facto king

Regards

(Pedram Pourang) #54

Like I have of increasing levels of quality.

I think it would be futile if we bombarded each other with examples. As far as I’ve seen, in the last analysis, choosing between old and new depends on personality traits.

But the fact is that LXQt never changes anything in its older versions: they’re forgotten and their bugs will remain with them for eternity.

(Alf Gaida) #55

@dabeegmon - trust @tsujan, he know what he is talking about, esp. when he talks about LXQt. So if one prefer older versions because one running so called “stable” releases - we are fine with. But we know what we have changed and why - most of us running LXQt on a daily base in our production environments. There is a reason for us to run latest Git :sunglasses:

One can take it with a grain of salt, written with my Debian Maintainer Hat on.

Greetings

I most definitely was NOT referring to LXQT which is why I gave examples.

I do have more - - - I would love to hear of the projects where things have improved in the last 25 years.

Hoping that I didn’t hurt any feelings!! :frowning: !

Regards

(Alf Gaida) #57

@dabeegmon - you didn’t i guess. But LXQt is a relative young and fast moving project (ok, some people outside say it isn’t) - so the ratio improvements vs. regressions is exceptional good right now.

Greetings

You mean the hat that means that it takes 3 months to get things working on Debian - - - (wacky beeg grin and LOL)?

LXQT works quite well thank you very much.

Its glaring hole is there because programmers seem to thing that having more than one monitor is bad so me using more than 3 is to the community - - - well - - -it seems weird.

Hopefully someone with the development chops could be convinced to try to run say even 3 - 1920 x 1080 monitors but as 4k monitors are now far cheaper per each than my 1920 x 1080 well try running 3 of those.

I’d bet they wouldn’t part with them for even a first born (grin!) after a few months.

I have run LXQT in production for most of the last few years so I don’t take a lot of convincing that things work.

I opted to return to LXDE as X2go was not able to utilize the LXQT system until just not that long ago but I’m back - - - I really like lean and mean.

Thanking the dev team for interesting work!

Regards

(Alf Gaida) #59

erm, no :sunglasses: (s/months/days) - but that won’t help for stable. I guess 0.14.1+ will be the first versions i will port back to the upcoming stable, didn’t make much sense right now.

(Pedram Pourang) #60

Absolutely not :slight_smile:

There are different kinds of devs, I guess. We have Gnome devs, who care about almost nothing. We have Firefox devs, who should handle multiple platforms and so, sometimes make mistakes here and there – understandable, IMO. Systemd devs sometimes forget how their mistakes can afflict whole systems…

However, most devs get valuable feedback from users that install latest versions. Only in this way, hidden bugs are discovered and fixed or interesting features are proposed and implemented – which means the project is improved. In the open-source world, users’ reports are an important part of the process.