Um, it's still sending me email

Your forum is still sending me emails… I keep going into settings and tweaking stuff and it’s still sending me emails.

[LXQt Forum] [Discussions] Feature request: Spacer in center

That’s the latest one I got…

I don’t want to disable all emails entirely, I want to disable emails entirely- I want the admins and even users to be able to message me, and I want it to email me about posts that I’m op on.

Look at my settings, why is it emailing me that one, for example?

Hey I’m a developer too, for 20 years, I know shit happens! haha,

b

(Alf Gaida) #2

goto u/bog/preferences/emails

• read the text after the hooks carefully
  • read the text again
  • think about it
  • consider removing the hooks.

DONE!

This isn’t “solved”.

(Alf Gaida) #4

It is.

(Chris Wyatt) #5

I’d just set up a delete filter and be done with it. If your email provider has a web interface, you can probably do it through there, and it will never appear in any clients.

(Alf Gaida) #6

@chriswyatt - the forum don’t send any normal mails to me - so i guess one can set it up. It’s just a matter of setting some hooks. Should be doable for a long term developer. If not i could maybe help with a detailed picture which hooks to set.

Sending Mails is configured with these three hooks - in rare cases and with written permission we are able to set these things for certain users :sunglasses:

Right, none of the above says that it should still be sending me emails about threads that have absolutely nothing to do with me. Seriously- look at the list in that screencap and tell me why I’d be getting notifications about threads that I’ve never commented on or even read. Tell me from that list of choices- why?

And by the way- “Mailing List Mode” And “Activity Summary” are both unchecked.

Is this another case of a developer not acknowledging a bug? Only the crappy ones do that.

(Alf Gaida) #8

Erm - watch your words. Maybe it is better to give an order to a helpful mod to change your mail settings for you if you’re not able to do so.

Edit: You should really follow my first advise before claiming things. Otherwise i’ll become the old grumpy developer that simply silence people.

Erm- I’m an old timer developer too. (We should compete on oldness, I hope I lose!)

And Erm- I did read your original comment which was, what? basically just “look and think” (Was there more to it than that that I missed?) “look at think about the settings.” That’s about it, are we past that?

Maybe you should be the one thinking about my previous response. For example: It says:

“Include an excerpt of replied to post in emails”

Yep, I want that, so… check.

“Send me an email when someone messages me”

“Send me an email when someone quotes me, replies to my post, mentions my @username, or invited me to a topic.”

“Activity summary”

That’s unchecked.

“Mailing List Mode”

That’s also unchecked.

So then why I do get emails about new posts that have nothing to do with me?

I mean you see, right- why would this be happening…

And yea let’s get a mod in here- not out of, like policing us two grumpy old dudes, but just rather because a mod would be better informed to fix and or talk to the problem, right.

Well ok do you think it’s a bug?

thanks,

bog

(Pedram Pourang) #10

LOL! He doesn’t want to listen.

Me or him? Do you understand I’m getting email notifications about totally unrelated posts?

(Pedram Pourang) #12

Maybe me. Keep ranting…

(Alf Gaida) #13

Some people don’t want to listen - my bad, i think i’ve to help him. @bog - you are silenced right now.

(Pedram Pourang) #14

This case was phenomenal.