Unable to find a systemtray on this machine

(Giorgos) #1

I’m getting the message “Unable to find a systemtray on this machine.”, when I login. Indeed tray disappeared and I wasn’t able to get it back. :dizzy_face: Any hint?
TIA!

(James) #2

Right click on the taskbar and select “Manage Widgets”. Add a systemtray widget.

(Pedram Pourang) #3

Add both Status Notifier and Tray – the latter is for older apps.

(Giorgos) #4

THANKS guys!!! :grin:

I wasn’t able to do it, because the debian stable based binaries seems to be very unstable.

I want to compile the stable version locally, but for the time being, I can’t. (Needs more recent compiler and requirements).

However, I have good impressions for lxqt and I’ll try in future (with a more up to date distro).

The only downside is (at my opinion), that a stable release cycle (new version every 2 years), should be more frequent.

Bye!!! :sunglasses:

(Alf Gaida) #5

Hmm - maybe some users should get a clue before doing strange things - if one want to mess up debian completly the ‘new maintainer guide’ might be a good starting point. Anyways, Ubuntu migth be a fine choice for those who don’t want to learn. Might sound harsh, but isn’t - otherwise one had already found out about debian testing or debian unstable.