Weblate Translation problems

(Maverick74) #1

Hello.

Before anything else i must say i was pleased to know LXQt adopted the Weblate translation system :slight_smile:

I would like to access translation area but i’m having problems. First there’s an invalid certificate error and then, even if i ignore it, i can’t seem to login to it with my github account.

Is it me, or is there some problems with in?

Oh, and i also loved all the new things around here!!! From the new github repo, to the forum, the new blog, the incentives to create themes, translations becoming easier, and so on…
I think these are great steps for bringing more life to LXQt!!! Congratulations!!!

(Alf Gaida) #2

the weblate instance is still work in progress - right now it is only a testing installation. But we will get an working translation system in not to far future-

(Maverick74) #3

Hi,
Will keep an eye on it.

Thank you.

(Maverick74) #4

I would like to add a suggestion: Please update www.lxqt.org 's links and please add a link to this forum.

(Alf Gaida) #5

Not linking the forum until now was and is intentional - i have linked it within the new blog to get slightly more traffic. Linking it in https://lxqt.org will be the next step. Maybe in clearer words: The host for the services is right now running on 18.04 (bionic) pre, discourse is right now 2.0.0-beta3, will be 2.0.0-beta5. The blog is borrowed from LXDE and will change soon to ghost. So a little bit patience is needed. At least the host should run on a release before all other things go fully live. All the things look promising, but i don’t want some parts fully official right now. :smiley:

Edit: Just updated to 2.0.0.beta5 - it was a very bumpy experience - but hey, why not link it. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Maverick74) #6

I think these are small, but very important steps for LXQt.
Thanks for your work @agaida!!!
I’m not a developer, but i’ll be happy to help if i can :slight_smile:

Just out of curiosity, are there plans for a lxde-independent LXQt mailing list as well?

(Alf Gaida) #7

Kind off - discourse can be used as a mailing list. But i’m not the best to ask for - never liked pure mailing lists.

(Maverick74) #8

I didn’t know discourse could be used as a mailing list! :slight_smile:
But even without that feature, i agree with you!
I think Discourse is enough and, imho, way better than “pure mailing list”, not just interface but all of the other functions (even if i don’t know much about it… just most basics). It’s also less “scary” for newbies.

I think the important point is to avoid users “confusion” between here and the old-lxde-mailing list.

Very glad to see LXQt on such a good path :smiley:

Again, thank you for your time and patience

(Maverick74) #9

@agaida i think i found a “wrong link”: on LXQt.org, the GitHub’s link still points to the LXDE’s github page, instead of LXQt’s

(Alf Gaida) #10

not only one - thanks

DONE

(adam) #11

@agaida

I cant access https://weblate.lxqt.org/

it said SSL error

(Alf Gaida) #12

See the opening post - nothing changed right now. I hope that i will find the needed time after the upcoming release. If anyone is able to help and know how to configure weblate right - please step right up.

(Maverick74) #13

good to see interest rising :smiley:

Have a friend that might be interested in translating as well :slight_smile:

From what i understand new release is not far away so is just a “little bit of wait”

(Papoteur) #14

Hello, Just discover these days that LXQt has now this forum and its own translation web instance! That a great news. Is the weblate installation a pain to configure? I think to it for another FOSS project. Congratulations